CNC Operator/Programmer - 9.50 per hour
– Setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine
– maintaining quality and safety standards and keeping records
– maintaining equipment and supplies, design jigs and templates in computer-aided design programmes for manufacturing processes.CNC Setter/Operator/Programmer Job Duties:
• Plans machining by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, engineering drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
• Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; part programming in OneCNC.
• Sets-up mills by installing and adjusting fixtures, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams; indicating vices.
• Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling and cutting, including facing; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains workplace and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Prepares parts for machining and inspects them before and after machining by quality standards of the organisation.
• Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Reports continuously to the supervisor.
CNC Setter/Operator/Programmer Skills and Qualifications:
• Functional and Technical Skills,
• Controls and Instrumentation,
• Conceptual Skills,
• Process Improvement,
• Attention to Detail,
• Verbal Communication
The position is temp to perm. The working hours are 08:30 – 17:30 (40 hours) Monday to Friday. This salary is with a possible salary increase on the successful completion of the probationary period.