Warehouse Cleaner - £6.50 - £7.50 per hour
A rapidly growing company based in Waltham Abbey requires a warehouse and office cleaner to ensure a safe, tidy and clean environment for its staff and visitors.
Role and Responsibilities
As Office and Warehouse Cleaner, your role is to provide a professional, efficient and effective cleaning service that enhances the appearance of the facility and supports a healthy environment.
You will be working across two sites, cleaning all warehouse/workshops and offices.
Main activities of this role:
- Cleaning the office area every morning, ensuring desks, computer screens and phone handsets are clean.
- Sweeping, mopping floors and where necessary, polishing.
- Empty office and workshop dustbins daily and dispose of all refuse appropriately in the refuse bins for collection.
- Ensure the reception area is clean and tidy
- Check meeting rooms are clean and tidy
- Cleaning office and warehouse bathrooms every morning and checking at regular intervals during the day. Also topping up on products when necessary (i.e. toilet rolls, hand wash etc.)
- Dust office furniture at least weekly, taking care not to disorganise documents and papers on desks, etc.
- Vacuum all carpets at least twice per week. Clean, where necessary, all spots and marks on the carpets using the appropriate cleaning products and equipment
- Clean windows on the inside at least quarterly on a rotational basis (External window surfaces will be cleaned by an external service provider.)
- Clean all internal windows (office walls).
- Store all cleaning equipment and products neatly in the designated cupboards.
- Clean canteen area (Cabin and kitchenette) after each break and at the end of each day
- Wash up any cutlery used by office staff
- Check / clean fridges once a week
- Check water and Milk supply in the kitchenette and cabin
- Residential cleaning of the Directors house is also part of this job description; this may be required during the holiday season.
- Keeping a track of cleaning products and placing orders with office manager when short on supply.
- Task focused
- Knowledge of general hygiene practices
- Good knowledge of cleaning products and applications
- Preferred Skills
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning equipment and products
- Good verbal and written communication skills
The Full time working hours for this position are 07:00 – 16:00, Monday to Friday (with a 1 hour unpaid break)
The Part time working hours for this position are Monday to Friday:
Part time shifts available are;
- 12:45 – 18:00 (with a 15 min unpaid break) 25 hours per week
- 07:00 – 12:30 (with a 15 min unpaid break) 26.25 hours per week
- 07:00 – 13:45 (with a 15 min unpaid break) 32.5 hours per week
Please be aware that the company has a strict security policy whereby all staff are not allowed to bring in mobile phones or other electronic devices into the building. All staff are also searched by security (metal detectors) every time they leave the building.ref: Ca617